Seeking Intentional Interim for St. Luke’s Cathedral
Diocese of Algoma: Intentional Interim Position
St. Luke’s Cathedral, Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
The start date for this position is March 1st, 2024.
The Archbishop of Algoma is accepting applications from candidates for the position of ‘Intentional Interim Incumbent’ of St. Luke’s Cathedral as that congregation prepares for the appointment of its next Incumbent.
This is a full-time position for a two-year period and is intended for a senior cleric in the Anglican Church of Canada. Preference will be given to an individual with training or experience in Intentional Interim Ministry.
The successful applicant will lead this community of faith through discussions to achieve six things:
- Looking to the past and reviewing how St. Luke’s has been formed as they grieve a long-tenured minister.
- Studying its present way of being church in this time, naming the challenges it faces with honesty and integrity.
- Focusing on the stewardship of its resources – including its finances and buildings.
- Redefining its sense of mission and purpose as it looks to the future.
- Understanding the role of the Cathedral in the life of a diocese.
- Preparing the way for the new Incumbent and electing a Concurrence Committee to prepare a parish profile and begin the appointment process with the Bishop of Algoma.
Applications may be sent to Liz Hamel, the Archbishop’s Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
A current Vestry Report for St. Luke’s Cathedral will be made available on request, along with the previous Parish Profile (2010).
Please include in your application:
- A current CV noting any experience you have in Intentional Interim Ministry.
- A statement of philosophy of ministry.
- A letter of permission from your diocesan bishop if you are not resident in the Diocese of Algoma. At this time, we are only accepting applications from within the Anglican Church of Canada and its full communion partners.
- The names of three referees.